Friday, May 8, 2009

"Free Fun" is the Best Fun!

PEARSON PARK

Although we live in the city, we are lucky enough to have a large park within walking distance of our home. I have spent many happy years with all my 4 children frequently visiting, walking the paths, duck feeding, fish spotting and playing in the fun colourful playground.



Of course Raffi LOVES it here too, like his siblings did and as the sun peeped out of the clouds yesterday morning he asked, "Can we go to the park after nursery school mummy?". I enthusiastically agreed hoping that the weather would hold out... a cool breeze was blowing but at least it wasn't raining!

12.00 midday came, Raffi's little face lit up like a light bulb when he saw me, park time here we come!

His excitement bubbled as we entered the park. "What shall we do first", I asked, "THE PLAYGROUND" was the excited reply. The playground has 2 distinct areas designed for different age groups. Raffi loves both, but climbing across the rope chain, in the older area was a challenge for him, particularly as I kept asking him to look at the camera! "I can't mummy I am walking and being careful"!!


For the under 7's various climb-on vehicles, slides and rocks entertain the little ones.

Raffi particularly likes the rocks, his daredevil, Tarzan instinct comes into play every time, with him stripping off his top and yelling and beating his chest whilst jumping from rock to rock. I shuddered every time he jumped (he shows no fear) and I got fed up of hearing myself saying "be careful Raffi". I wish his dad was with us, but not today. I need huge energy levels to keep up with Raphael, he is so full of energy, I sometimes feel the effects of being 48 with a 4 year old!!!


The ducks, fish and pigeons all get very well fed when the sun comes out, everyone seems to have the same idea....go to the park....feed the ducks, buy an ice cream! We were no different. I packed some lunch, his scooter, my camera and spare warm clothes in case of climate change!!!


It must be mating season for these noisy park ducks. These 3 males viciously attacked this female in what I presume is a "duck ritual"? They pecked her so hard I felt sorry her. Raffi asked what was happening... I told him they were "making ducklings", what else can you say to a 4 year old!! He was happy with my reply.

With all that playing and 30 minutes charging around on his scooter a well deserved ice cream was needed to refuel Raffman's energy. We had been in the park for 2 hours, time to go home. I had had enough. He only protested slightly at this suggestion I think he was as tired as I was.

What a difference the sun makes, lets hope we get more of the same in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment