Sunday, May 17, 2009

Whats all the Twitter about?

I had never heard of Twitter until I came across it through a YouTube clip. I am not promoting what I saw but if you are interested to see what made ME investigate Twitter further click the link below. It makes very interesting watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_zBeYkZw2o

I was interested in their claim that they could increase traffic quite considerably by installing Twitter Traffic Machine. I listened intently to what they had to say. It made me want to look into Twitter further, so I did.

I discovered Twitter is a kind of social networking site, generating huge amounts of interest across the globe thanks to one simple concept. All Twitter.com does is ask: "What are you doing?" Simple in itself, user friendly and HIGHLY addictive! I also suspect this social networking site will become an extremely dangerous competitor and rival to other social networking sites, for example, MySpace and Facebook.

My interest grew, and I registered and started "Tweeting". If you are familiar or have used Twitter yourself, you will know that you are limited to 140 typing characters....not alot to concisely describe "what I am doing". My brain goes into overdrive, challenging boring words and replacing them with interesting relevant information. Definitely Twitter is an asset reviving ailing brain cells. For sure my creative words are flowing freely on my Twitter addiction!!

I did consider, before opening an account if this networking site would be beneficial to ME. I don't have sufficient time to give 100% to chatting with new friends, but I did like the idea that I could promote my own blogs through this network medium, particularly my favourite blog:-



This blog relates to my hometown and something new everyday catches my imagination for blogging. The more readers I have the more satisfied I feel.

Twitter seems to be used for a multitude of purposes, from announcing events, to promoting charities and generally talking about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

I like it, alot.

An ace marketing tool, I shall be using Twitter to its maximum advantage and hope that this blog will spread the word about its diversity and popularity.

Perhaps you will join, if you do... see you there :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment