Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Milk, Milk and More Milk!

Time to give the bottle up Raffi!

Raphael is 4 years 4 months, and I think its about time to give up the bottles of milk he so eagerly slurps every night and morning!

Bedtime has never been a problem, I know I am fortunate, many are not. Raffi, bang on 7.00 pm will ask for his milk and to go to bed.

In the past, he would have taken his bottle with him upstairs and snuggled into bed with it and Tigger (his fav sleep toy) until his eyelids dropped and the bottle was finished.

Ok, wondeful until he starting falling asleep with a half full bottle that eventually leaked all over the pillows!!

We have talked about having milk in a cup at bedtime instead of his bottle but he wasn't that enthusiastic.

So all ready for bed, just out from his bath, skin sparkling clean.

"Mummy can I have my milk now?"

"Shall we have it in a cup...the Mickey Mouse one?"

.............silence.

"How about you have 2 straws?",

.....thinking thoughtfully

Yes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease mummy!!

Phew! I needed no more encouragement.

Sneakily I got my camera out..

I need a bit of help with these straws mum!

Giving it super concentration
Oh no! She has her camera out!
Better show her my tongue then!
That was fun..but I still like my bottle!

We have managed for a week now with only one relapse, he was having a "sad" day on that particular day and really wanted his bottle.

But Raphael knows that,

*If Idrink my milk I will grow big enough to ride my big brothers bike!*

Written by Sue-Raphael's Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment